Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

the prodigal daughter

Last Sunday was very unusual. Unlike other days of the week, I woke up at 6:45 am, ( the alarm did not even have to go up). Got myself a nice warm bath and by the time my Aunty called, I was all set. I could see that she wan not prepared for that when she asked, " What happened to you today?"

That was rare. The morning air seemed nostalgic as I ran past to catch a taxi.

Perfect! I reached before the praise and worship got over. I felt an extraordinary feeling grip as I joined the choir group with tears surfacing up till my eye lids. I was feeling like that after along time. I was glad, I did not fall back to sleep like other days.

I had to make some strong confessions and resolutions today(;-) That I am keeping to myself and I am glad I have done that).

We had two speakers from Australia, Scott and Ben that day and like they had known what was relevant to me. As I sat listening to these two great hosts, I could let myself loose and strengthen my beliefs to go ahead with my earlier plans.

Ben, 24 in his sharing reflected that he and most young people have similar mistakes and not to loose faith thinking its the end. Our father would always love us the way the father in the story, the prodigal son and waited for his son to return.

I so wanted to confess and go back to what he always wants me to do. I knew he was there watching over me all the time and must have gone sad. I do not know how I lost the track but the hope that I always have the liberty to go back made it easier.

In the meantime, Scott spoke about God's definition about love and said " The power to love" in us comes from the God himself. He said love is something that grows deep in course of time and of another kind which struggles to live with time.

" Love is not based on feelings or attractions but is a choice to extend your love to another in small and larger ways," he said. " There is no risk of rejection, humiliation and pain," he continued.

As he spoke I could not help nodding my head and when he asked, " How are we to love God?"
a long silence prevailed and the young pastor said, "Simple," Pay it Forward."

The only way in which we can show love to God is by loving one another and that is only way in which we can tell God how much we love him.

Bible says, " If anyone says, I Love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For the person who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God who he has not seen.And we have this command from him: the one who loves God must also love his brother. 1 John 4; 20-21.

There are so many commendable things in the book that every time, I open, I have the answers to all my woes and doubts. I need not go to anyone nor consult a expert. Every Sunday, is a Sabbath day http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath for us and I am on my way back.

I know, my father is waiting on me, just like the father who waited for his son to return. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Prodigal_Son







1 comment:

  1. hi sarah, we are strangers and pilgrims, we go astray sometimes, we may get lost on our way...but grace abounds....love is plenty....we can always trace back and mend our ways...one will be always welcome in our father's house.....

    ReplyDelete